Is your unfinished dream of self-publishing your world-changing book eating you up inside?
In your daily work, meeting new people is typical. However, what never ceases to amaze you is how, funnily enough, 80% of your conversations end up including some form of the following remark:
“No one ever talks about the things you do. You should publish a book!”
Whether it is a brilliant idea, a training system, or a proprietary methodology, people always seem to be telling you how much your work has helped or inspired them.
And not to brag but, deep down, you know they’re right. After all, you’ve seen the results. You’ve witnessed countless transformations and you know that your methods work, no questions asked.
And this is why you (secretly?) think that your clients are indeed right. You do have a message to share with the world. If you could package your expertise and create a book, you know you would be providing a great service to the world.
But how on earth do you write a book, let alone self-publish it?
That’s the million-dollar question!
When you think about your book project, do you feel…
- Absolutely overwhelmed by the very idea of writing? Quite frankly, sentence-building intimidates you.
- Clueless regarding your book’s topic or the basic structure of it?
- Afraid of what others may think about you if you decide to become an author?
- Swamped by all the self-publishing options that exist nowadays? You have no idea what’s best.
- Unsure if writing (and self-publishing) a book will benefit your business? (And how, obviously.)
- Afraid of getting scammed by an unscrupulous vanity press?
- Wary of investing good money in the self-publishing process without ever seeing a solid ROI?
We get it. The book publishing journey is complex but it doesn’t need to be overwhelming.
How would you feel if you had a team of professionals guiding you through every step of the book creation process from idea conception and writing through to printing, distribution, and, of course, marketing?
Well, that’s exactly what we’re all about!
3 ferns books is the place where the love of books meets professional creation services.
We are a boutique self-publishing studio led by Leesa Ellis, a professional Self-publishing Mentor with 30+ years of experience in the publishing, print, and design industries.
Although our headquarters are based in Dunedin, New Zealand, we work with clients from all over the USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
We help coaches, consultants, bloggers, podcasters, and service providers to conceive, write, design, publish and market their transformative non-fiction books.
Unlike independent contractors, who only cover one or two aspects of your book project (whether editing, proofreading, design, or marketing), 3 ferns is a genuine one-stop-shop for non-fiction self-publishing projects.
When they work with us, our clients get:
- Full and comprehensive support from Leesa, from Day One of onboarding and even AFTER the book is launched.
- A 100% professional final product. Our team of artisans carefully takes your project through every step of the book production process. We edit, design, format, and proofread the best book possible.
- A personalized and realistic marketing plan to help bring sales and increase positioning.
- High-quality physical copies if you wish to have hardcover and/or paperback editions.
- Personalized customer service.
- The peace of mind that comes from the reassurance that we will do our absolute utmost to bring your beautiful book into the world.
The self-publishing industry is constantly adapting and there’s so much noise out there. This is why we will always strive to provide a smooth publishing experience. When you onboard with us, you’ll never run in circles again, trying to “figure out” stuff.
Overwhelm will become a thing of the past.
That is our promise to you.
Meet our Founder & CEO
Hi, I’m Leesa Ellis, your Self-publishing Mentor.
- My passion for all things books has been a constant force throughout my 25+ years of experience in the industry. I absolutely love my work, it’s my Ikigai and what makes me leap out of bed every morning.
- Early in my career, I worked for a literary and fine arts publishing house based in Christchurch, New Zealand where I had the privilege of working with incredible Kiwi authors, artists and poets.
- My heart breaks every time I hear the horror stories that clients and friends have had with vanity presses and all types of unprofessional contractors. I can’t stand soulless scammers who prey on a prospective author’s dreams. I’m a helper by nature and this is why 3 ferns is all about support and encouragement.
- I’m obsessed with cute things! Pretty flowers, fuzzy kittens and cuddly puppies, nice stationery – you name it. I use this eye for beauty in my client’s projects.
- I believe in the power of integrity, diligence, compassion, and a good dose of humor. I apply these values to everything that I do.
- I love tropical fruits (pineapple and lychees are the best!) and the ocean (my backyard has a view!).
- I’m also an avid card reader. Fun fact about me: I’m a Diana Cooper Angel Teacher but I no longer provide professional services (I’m completely devoted to my client’s books!).